Wednesday, April 1, 2015

j'adore Paris

Last night we went to the Eiffel Tower at dusk and watch the sun go down and the lights come on. The Eiffel slowly started to get brighter and brighter and at 9:00 it twinkled. Magical!!  We then headed back to our side of town for dinner. There is a Mexican place run by an American woman and a Mexican man that met and fell in love in Paris. The food was amazing.

This morning we went up Notre Dame tower. More stairs! The views were awesome and seeing the bell tower was cool. It was windy up on top so we went to brunch for some coffee to warm up. Another winner on restaurant picks. Make fun of me all you want for scoping our restaurants mom and Shelby, but I have done pretty good. It was called Claus if anybody plans to take a trip soon.

Then to the Louvre. We did the Denon and Sully wings. It is huge inside so who knows if we saw all of each, but we did Greek sculptures, Roman sculptures, Italian paintings (Mona Lisa and the Last Super) and Egyptian art. We saw a mummy in the Egyptian section. Kind if freaky. The crowds didn't bother me here. It is so big and people are respectful and quiet for the most part.

We went to find where we are to pick up our car in the morning and then a walk in the Tuileries gardens. Those chairs are so comfy. I want them for our house one of these days. Up to the Orangerie museum where we were encountered by our first scammer. She almost had Brett. It was please sign the...and then he quickly realized and walked right on by. He was disappointed that he hadn't seen somebody try since he did so much research on it... Karma I guess. Into the museum and we saw Monet Water Lillie's. Shelby, I want you to paint me a version. I love them!

We bought a daily metro pass today so we could make it quickly to all of our stops. On to Parc de Buttes. It was sunny and the scenery was incredible. Good last minute addition to the trip. We are pros at the metro now. We even read in between stops. Although we are the only ones with e readers so we still stand out.

Went to get a savory crepe. Holy macaroni that thing was yummy. Chocolate filled deliciousness. I walked through the streets with chocolate all over my face. We have eaten good for sure and even better, I am pretty sure I have still lost some weight from all this walking.

Time to pack and clean the apartment. On to Honfleur and Mont St. Michel tomorrow.

Making a list of things to do on our next trip! Love you love Paris!

Michelle and Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment