We started this morning off at Versailles. The wind was really blowing and the sky was overcast. We did the walk through the palace. It is so big that we probably didn't see more than 1/4 of the house. Trying to take a selfie in the hall of mirrors was pretty entertaining. Having those chambers would awesome or just one of the fireplaces.
We exited the house to go to the gardens and the wind really started to whip. One of those "if I fall forward the wind would probably hold me up moments." I failed to check the weather before we left so I was freezing. Brett wrapped my scarf around my head and buttoned me up and then we walked through the gardens hiding between rows for protection from the wind. We walked to the grand palace that was built as their get away from the main house. A break from the tourists and a beautiful site (I guess we walk faster than golf carts).
Back to the train and to Chateau Vincennes. This was the castle for King Charles V. Lots of moats and draw bridges. Brett was in heaven. Not many people go here and it wasn't even in my guide book. It was an easy ride from Versailles so I found it pretty cool to see the difference 400 years makes in living quarters for a king.
We made our nearly daily stop by the bakery and are having a restful afternoon. Thinking about trying trying out a Thai fusion restaurant tonight.
Our GPS has realized we our in France so our drive out to Normandy should go smoothly. Brett has versed himself on French traffic laws.
No comments:
Post a Comment