Thursday, March 26, 2015

We have arrived!!

Good morning!!

Brett and I are currently sitting in a cute little breakfast spot called Eggs and Co.  Our flight from Philadelphia wasn't ideal with multiple infants and lots of high pitched crying so needless to say neither of us got any sleep. I stubbornly tried the entire trip and Brett nearly completed their library of  on board movies.

Customs/boarder patrol was the fastest and easiest it has ever been. We bought our train tickets, checked the map a million times to make sure we were headed in the right direction and off we were to Paris. Taking the train was defiantly the way to go as long as you are light on luggage. We emerged from under ground into picture perfect St Germain. Our hotel was a short walk from the station.

We weren't able to check in yet so we checked our bags and were off. I had planned for is to do Rick Steve's historic walking tour. We started at Notre Dame and ended up just wandering around there for awhile. How amazing!!

Brett has to pee every five seconds so thank goodness for Starbucks. We have now been up for 24 hours and are headed back to the hotel to plea with them to let us have a nap. Still two hours until normal check in so fingers crossed!! I promise to be more entertaining after a nap and hopefully un verre du vin.

So far we have both been mistaken as French and Brett looked at the girl and said what?! and while I was waiting for Brett to pee (again) I was asked something and I just froze and shook my head. We have now both learned to say " I'm sorry, I don't speak French"

2 comments: